Celebrate St. Martin With Us
November 11th – 15h às 18h
É dia de São Martinho!
Comem-se castanhas, prova-se o vinho.
(It is St. Martin’s Day!
We’ll eat chestnuts, we’ll taste the wine.)
In Portugal, St. Martin’s Day is commonly associated with the celebration of the maturation of the year’s wine, being traditionally the first day when the new wine can be tasted.
So here at Casal da Fonte will give you to taste our new wines, along with a typical food at our Cellar.
This period is also quite popular because of the usual good weather period that occurs in Portugal in this time of year, called Verão de São Martinho (St. Martin’s Summer), so what else do you need to decide to visit us?
As 11/11 is also the Enoturism Day, Casal da Fonte associated with local partners, also offers the opportunity of combined wine experience and overnight stay!
15h às 18h
– Visit to Casal da Fonte’s Cellar, with guided tour while tasting new wines and bottled wines;
– Typical food (roasted chestnuts and local tapas)
– Red and White Wine from our production; we also provide local mineral water and non-alcoholic beverages
– Partnership with local accomodation partners*
Children are most welcomed! 🙂
The program will take place on November 11, 2018.
09:00h – Time to Meet! Meeting point at Casal da Fonte’s Winery.
09:30h – Time to Work! Going to the Wineyard and start harvesting.
11:00h – Time to Taste! Pausing work and tasting our olive oil, honey and white wines at the Wineyard.
11:30h – Time to Go! Return to the winery to accompany the winemaking.
Visit with tasting of red wines commented by the winemaker.
12:30h – Time to Lunch! Typical Lunch at our Cellar.
15:30h – End of the Tour.
• Includes: snack at Wineyard, typical lunch, tastings, t-shirt, freebies and a bottle of wine*
*Wine tastings and bottle of wine only for 18+.
The program will take place on September 29, 2018.